Friday 4 October 2013

Intro to Solo Female Cycling in Vietnam blog

Next Monday, October 7th, will be the start of a great new cycling experience. I will cycle solo 1700 km in 17 days from Ho Chi Minh to Hanoi by the cost line of Vietnam.

Along the way, I'll be sharing impressions and reflections that can be applied to the professional life via this blog.
I look forward to your thoughts and feedback!


Some of you might think "gee, I can think of better ways to spend my holidays!" and honestly, I can understand your reaction. There was a time I would have thought the same. But after my first cycling experience in Cambodia seven years ago, I realised long distance solo cycling was a very rewarding type of holiday.

Here are 3 good reasons why I look forward this holiday:

- To explore my limits: 1700 km is 4 times the distance I ever did in a cycling trip and so despite a good preparation, I am not sure I will make it. If I do, the feeling of self satisfaction will be amazing.

- To get lost:  When lost you become more aware of your surroundings, instincts are awakened and there is only room for now time. 

- To get a different perspective: Everyday life, I have so many things to do, I am always on the go. There is little time left for self reflection. When I cycle solo, the first day is usually like a introvert general review of all aspects of my life spinning in my head. The following days, I will look at it from my bicycle in Vietnam, a different perspective

What do you think? Can you share your preferred way "to explore your limits", "to get perspective", "to get lost"? 

No comments:

Post a Comment